This morning, WC and I went to Georgetown for brunch. We went to Philomena, which was terribly disappointing, but followed it up with some exciting window-shopping (and maybe a little actual shopping). With only 27 school days left of my first year teaching, I feel like a kid again, counting down to summer days. My shopping list reflects bright colors and quirky designs that remind me of the fun summer days ahead.
1. I love all of the hues in kate spade’s travel nail polish set (I’m even finding I can do the yellow in small doses this season).
2. I can see these CB2 chick candleholders lighting up a BBQ that lingers from afternoon to dusk.
3. These preppy J.Crew seersucker capris would be perfect for an afternoon walking around Annapolis or drinking cocktails on the Georgetown waterfront.
4. I have been lusting over this J.Crew necklace for years, but let me let you in on a little secret: Ebay it for less than $20 (though I would not guarantee its authenticity). Or find a similar one at this Etsy shop.
5. I’m enormously comforted by all things maxi this season, especially this Anthropologie skirt. They are the easiest things to throw on to feel instantly chic!